U.S. Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken has said he will remain “personally engaged” in helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
Blinken made the remarks in a phone call with Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on Friday, September 16.
“Secretary Blinken conveyed our condolences for the loss of life during recent military actions along the Azerbaijan-Armenia border,” the Department of State said in a statement.
“The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully. He said that diplomacy was the only way forward and noted he would remain personally engaged.”
The Armenian Defense Ministry said on Thursday morning that no significant incidents were registered overnight. 105 Armenians have been confirmed dead so far.